I love technology. It’s amazing how connected we are today. It’s hard NOT to stay informed now. Within seconds we get to know almost everything. Sometimes we get too much information at once.
Anyway, even though I just joined the Android bandwagon (yes, believe it or not! ha ha), there’s something that I find utterly annoying in this day and age: getting messages with the default “Sent from my iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, etc.” signature.
Don’t know about you, but I’d rather read a good joke in your signature than the boring annoying default marketing signature.
I don’t get why people spend money in expensive pieces of technology and after years of using them, they still haven’t figured out how to fully personalize them?
Don’t know if it’s plain laziness or ignorance or what. Whichever it is, I want to help you. So here I go, hear me out, with all due respect:
People of the world, for world peace’s sake: REMOVE the default signature from your devices.
What? you don’t understand what I mean? you don’t know how?
Nou problemou. Keep reading!
- Start out by selecting Settings from your home screen.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars from the list on the left side of the Settings window, and then tap the Signature (which by default will be “Sent from my iPad”).
- Use the delete button on your iPad keyboard to remove the signature (or use the Clear button). Now enter in your own personal signature, or leave the window blank to not use one at all.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars in the left column again. Now in the Signature section you’ll see your new, custom signature (or none at all if that’s the route you went).
- Now the next time you compose an email on your iPad, the “Sent from my iPad” message will be gone, and replaced by your own (or none).
(source check it out, it’s got nice illustrations)
But Wait! There’s more! Here’s a video, if you need further help!
- Go to Settings > Mail > Signature.
- To clear out this signature entirely, delete all the text from the Signature text field.
- Press your BlackBerry button and find “Setup”. In setup, go to “E-mail Settings”.
- In “E-mail Settings” press “Edit” beside the e-mail you’d like to remove the signature from.
- Scroll down to where it says “Signature” and begin deleting. You can replace it if you want or just leave it blank.
- At the bottom of the page press save and you’ll be asked to provide the password for your account. Type it in and press save again.
- From the inbox of your Kindle Fire, go to Settings.
- Under the “Sending mail” section, select Composition defaults.
- Remove or edit the signature from the text box. If you prefer to turn off signatures, uncheck the Use Signature box.
(source check out the captions there too)
I’m sure there are videos out there for the other devices. If you need them I’ll post them but I think the instructions are fine.
I’m not trying to be Miss Smarty Pants about this, I really hope I can help with this issue. I know I’m not alone in this, people get annoyed by the default signatures in messages, they just don’t admit it.
So, there you have it! Keep on communicating! Keep spreading the messages! Keep in mind that less annoyed people in the world = world peace. I know it sounds drastic but if you think about it, it’s true.😉