I’ve been searching for French toast recipes on the web for my FTS mission. I never thought there were so many recipes. One thing that caught my mind was that there were many recipes that required overnight preparations. Really? For simple, yummy and delightful French toast?
Anyway, I decided to leave the overnight recipes for other Sundays, besides, I didn’t have all the ingredients for some. So for my first New French Toast Recipe mission I decided to try the Fluffy French Toast Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/8 pinch salt
- 1 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 4 thick slices bread
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information (not that I care so much for this but the website is kind enough to give you this info, so here you for those who love this thing)
Amount Per Serving Calories: 123 | Total Fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 55 mg
Let me tell you, this is one yummy recipe. The flour really makes the difference. I was a little skeptic of adding flour to something made of flour (bread). But no, the flour really gives the bread this yummy crust that makes all the difference.
By the way, I never measure ingredients for French toast but since it was the first time I tried this, I did it according to directions. The batter was just enough for 4 slices, but if you like to really soak and oversaturate your slices with the batter, I would add a little more milk to have more batter.
I served my Fluffy French Toast with grape jelly, grapes and honey.
Totally approve this recipe! The combination of the yummy crust with the cinnamon, honey and grape flavors was unbeatable. Like I said, the flour really makes the difference!
D e l i c i o u s!
I think I am really going to enjoy this French Toast Sunday mission.
Can’t wait for next Sunday!
À dimanche. 😛
- French Toast Sunday (bloggeretterized.wordpress.com)